|Real name||Augustine Miles Kelechi|
|Date of birth||17 December 1992|
|Country of Origin||Nigeria|
|Source of Wealth||Music, Endorsement|
Early Life and Background
Augustine Miles Kelechi who’s popularly known as Tekno is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. He was born on the 17th of December 1990 in Bauchi state into a family of six.
Kelechi hailed from Ivo local government Area, Ebonyi state. He is 30 years of age. Kelechi’s father was a Nigerian Army thereby making Kelechi being raised in several parts of Nigeria such as Nassarawa, Kaduna, and Abuja. He was able to learn about musical instruments like piano and guitar at age 8.
Tekno Musical Career
Talented Kelechi is best known for his genres towards Afrobeat, Hip- hop_ R&B with different stage names such as Goldenboy of Africa, Slim Daddy and Al-haji Tekno.
Tekno Miles was first signed under K- Money Entertainment and made his first single ” Holiday” which was released under the Imprint featuring Davido and the single was accepted and gained massive airplay.
Tekno was spotted in 2012 with Julius Agwu, a well known Nigerian comedian in an event at Abuja and thereafter was given a standing ovation for a performance in a song titled “Onye Ne Kwu” his remix of Ice Prince’s Oleku and was encouraged to move his career to Lagos by Ubi and Iyanya.
He signed his second recording contract on October 5, 2013, with Made Men Music Group and later released “Dance” & ” Anything” and was nominated as the “Best New Act of the year” category for the singles at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
Tekno released his hit single on June 18 2015 titled “Duro” which was produced by DJ Coublon. The single went viral in both Africa and US.
The remix of the song was released on November 16, 2015, featuring Phyno and Flavor which later was said to be top 5 on Capital XTRA’s Afro beats chart with massive trending both within and outside Nigeria.
Another single was been released on November 20, 2015, titled “Wash” which the video was been directed by “Aje Filmworks” and produced by DJ Coublon.
Tekno signed in another label deal with Universal Music Group Nig. in June 2018 (NMGN), a division of Universal Music Group in charge of West Africa and as well as UK based Island Records. In July 2019 Tekno featured in one of Beyonce’s soundtrack titled “Don’t jealous me” in the single “The Lion King”.
Tehno later released his long-awaited debut album “Old Romance” on the 6th of December 2020. His label is associated with ICE PRINCE, DAVIDO AND WIZKID.
Tekno Albums includes:
*Old Romance 2020: Tracklist-
– Uptown Girl
– Family issues
– In love
– Ugly parade
2013. : Holiday
– Onye Ne Kwu ( ft. Ice prince)
– Shoki ( ft. B- Red)
– Go low
– Mama( featuring Wiz kid)
– Only one
– Your Luv
– Jo go do
– On you
– Agege ( ft Ziatan Ibile)
– BehBeh ( ft. Master kraft)
2020 : PUTTIN
Record Produced includes;
2014 : Show – titled Victoria Kimani
: Feeling you ( Rima ft. Tekno)
2015 : Pray for you ( Lynxx ft. Tekno)
: Boss ( Ice prince Album)
: Jos to the world
2016 : Last station ( Stonebwoy ft. Tekno)
: If ( Davido)
: Catch you( flavour)
2017 : Silika ( Madee ft. Tekno)
: Go (Tekno)
: Greenlight ( DJ cuppy ft. Tekno)
2019. : Agege ft. Zlatan Ibile
: Won’t Be love ( Swaelee ft. Drake)
Awards and Nominations
* Tekno was nominated as the Best New Act of the year at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards
* He won the Best pop Extra video in his single ‘Duro’ in 2015 as 9th Nigeria Music video Awards
* He also won the Nigeria music video in his Hottest single in 2015
* Tekno was nominated at Nigeria Entertainment Awards as the Best music video of the year in 2016.
* Also same 2016 at Nigeria entertainment Awards, he was nominated as the Best Afro-pop Artist of the year.
* He won MTV Africa Music Awards as the Best New Act in 2016 as well
* He was nominated as the Best African video of the year 2016
* He was nominated as the Best Male video 2016 at MTV Africa Music Awards
* 2016:Nominated at Watsup TV Africa Music video Awards for the Best West Africa video
* He was nominated as the Best Afro-pop in his music video “Pana”
* Tekno was nominated at Bet awards 2017 as the Best International Act Africa
Tekno Net worth
Tekno’s net worth has been able to spot him among the Top 20 richest music artists in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $2.5million. He has also signed several endorsement deals as one of the MTN Nigeria Ambassadors which is worth 18 million and records deals with sony music in 2016 which is worth $1.7million and many more.
*A Black Range Rover HSE
* Bentley Continental GT
* Lamborghini Aventador
* 2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550
* Unlimited Rubicon jeep wrangler
* 2015 BMW×6.
Dating and Relationship status
There’s no information about his status as at the time of writing.