|Real name||Inetimi Timaya Odon|
|Date of birth||15 August 1977|
|Country of Origin||Federal Republic of Nigeria|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment/endorsements|
|Net worth||₦4.5 Billion|
Inetimi Timaya Odon Alfred whose stage name is popularly known as Timaya is a Nigerian singer and songwriter.
Alfred is 41 years of age and was born on the 15th of August 1980. He started his career in 2005 with the release of “Dem Mama” and was originated from Odi– Bayelsa State. Also, he is the founder of DM Records limited.
He has been able to receive several awards and nominations throughout his career including four Headies Awards wins and Two AFRIMMA Awards wins.
Timaya Early Life and Background
Alfred Odon Timaya was born and raised in Agip Estate, Port Harcourt, Rivers state but originated from Odi- Bayelsa state.
He was born to the family of Mr. and Mrs. Odon who was a Banker and Trader. Timaya’s Nursery and primary school education was done at Assembles of God and he moved on to Nkpolu Oroworukwo for his Secondary education in Port Harcourt.
He later continued his secondary education at Ikeja Grammar school after being moved to Lagos with his brothers & sisters by his mother. After obtaining his secondary certificate, he got admission to study Banking and finance in one of the tertiary institutions in Port Harcourt but later dropped out due to his poor performance after his first semester.
He came back to Lagos and joined Eedris AbdulKareem’s hip hop group as a backup singer but left after 3 years to start his own career.
He began his collaborations with some upcoming artists and was able to appear in an unreleased music video by UDX a Lagos-based rap group.
Timaya met with producer Obaksolo in Mafoluku, Oshodi who produced his first major hit record “Dem Mama” which was a song after the 1999 destruction of Odi, a riverside community in Niger Delta.
Obaksolo assisted him in producing his first debut “Dem mama” after hearing him perform the Cappella version. He worked with the Name Udosen ( Menthol X) on the track “pomporo” on his first album “True Story”.
Timaya kept on working with the producer K- solo after the production of his debut “Dem Mama” and with several more songs for his first album True story, which was eventually released in 2007.
He then moved on working with producer Phyno, Jeggs, Spankie, Hakeem D Beat, Obaksolo, and Terry G. He made an album titled “Gift & Grace” released into stores nationwide in 2008 and won 2 Headies awards in 2007 as Best Reggae/ Dancehall for the album Gift & Grace and Best collaboration for his feature on J Martins ‘Good and Bad’ (O Wey).
Timaya made his third album De Rebirth & its success-themed lead single “Plantain Boy” which was produced by Hakeem D Beat, Phyno, flux, M-Yire, Jay Sleek, N.D, Jesse Jagz, and Obaksolo. He has been able to feature with several guest Artists including Tj 2solo, 2face Idibia, Allenian, Konga, Lanre, and many more.
He won the best collaboration category at the 2010 Headies for the song “Kokoroko” with a female gospel artist Kefee.
He released LLNP ( long life & prosperity) in 2011, a collaboration album with Hus crew, Dem Mama Soldiers. Timaya launched his own record label called Dem Mama Records limited under which he groomed artists such as Patoranking & Runtown.
Timaya released a 14- track album titled upgrade which produced notable hits ‘Bam Bam’, Sexy ladies’ & Malonoge’ which features a collaboration with other artists such as Attitude, Terry G and Vector on the 25th June 2012.
He released his fifth studio album titled “Epiphany” the album which was 20- tracks with the album hit “Bam Bam” (Remix featuring Dance hall A-lister, Sean Paul,), “Sanko”&”Ukwu” which featured 2baba, Patoranking, Olamide, Sir Shina Peter, Terry G and many more.
Timaya headlined the first-ever Afro-soca concert in 2017 where he performed in Nassau Bahamas and signed in young Dancehall/Afro-fusion artiste King Perryy to the DM Record. He disclosed an EP project titled “Chulo Vibes” in 2019 a collaboration from East African artist Alikiba, Trinidadian soca legend Machel Montano & Nigeria’s Burna Boy.
Discography ( Albums)
* True Story
* Gift & Grace
* Dr Rebirth
* LLNP( Long Life N Prosperity
*Chulo Vibes EP
* Malonagede which is directed by Gini
* Bum Bum which is directed by Clarence Peters
* Sexy Ladies which is also directed by Clarence peters
* Ekoloma Demba directed by Matt max
* Watta Bum Bum directed by Godfather production
*Bum Bum Remix
* Bow Down
* Some more
* I Concur
* I like d way
* Ah Blem Blem
* To U
* Bam Bam
* Kom Kom
* I can’t kill myself
* 2 Stooped
Timaya is not married as at the time of this post but reported to have 3 baby mamas and has been blessed with four children. 2 from the first baby mama and one each from others.
Awards & Nominations
* He won the Best Afro- Dancehall in the song “Plantain Boy’ at the Afrotainment- Museke online African Music Award in 2011
* At the Nigeria Music Awards in 2008, he won the Album of the year
* In 2008, he won the Best Reggae/ Dancehall Album True story at the He a dies
* He won the Best Reggae/Dancehall Album ” Gift & Grace in 2009 at the Headies
* he won the Best collaboration at the headies in ” Good or Bad( with J. Martins &P- Square in 2009
* He was nominated as the Artiste of the year in 2009 at the Headies
* he as well won Best collaboration in 2010 for Kokoroko” with Kefee
* In 2011, Timaya was appointed a Peace Ambassador for the religion & international federation for World Peace ( IIFWP).
* He was nominated in 2014 at Nigeria Entertainment awards as the indigenous Artist of the year
*he was also nominated in 2015 as the Best Dancehall artist at AFRIMA
* he was nominated in 2016 as Best Dancehall act of the year at AFRIMA
* In 2017, he Won AFRIMA Best Dancehall Act of the year
* he was nominated in 2018 AFRIMA as the Best African Reggae/ Dancehall Act
* Grammy 2018 Morgan Heritage’s Reggae Night ( Global Remix) in the album “Abrakadabra”.
Timaya Net worth
He has been estimated to have a net worth of 4.5 billion Naira
Timaya Mercedes- Benz G55 AMG worth 55 Millon
Bentley Continental GT- 72 Millon
Range Rover sport 2013- 17 million
Range Rover sport 2016 -19 Million
Mercedes Benz GLE- 25 Million
Lexus SUV GX296 – 33 Million
Porsche 911- 42 Million